Thursday, November 3, 2011

Book Fair Recommendations

Serenity’s School had a book fair!  It’s the first one that I’ve been to since she’s been in school (although I sneaked in last year too).  I loved it!  I volunteered for a few hours and got to see all the kids wandering through and finding wonderful treasures.  The teachers had made wishlists, and it was nice to see what books or new series they recommended!  I came home with several great things, and a long list of books I want to check out from the library for Serenity, and myself!

Here are the books I couldn’t live without:

Pout Pout Fish in the Big Big Dark: This is the book Serenity specifically went to and chose.  It was at her eye level, which helps.  I think they must have read it in class because she greeted it like an old friend.  


Ten on the Sled: This one is for Donovan for Christmas, possibly during our Advent Calendar Activities.  I must have read Ten in the Bed to Serenity a hundred times when she was his age.


Gingerbread Girl goes Animal Crackers: This one is for Serenity during Advent.  I imagine we’ll make Gingerbread cookies or a house this day as well!


If You Give a Dog a Donut: Grandma got Serenity this one, and it was a huge hit.  She chose it for her bed book that night and I could hear her reading it over the monitor.  So cute!  And you know Grandma loves dog books. =)


Ponyella: This was a cute story, Cinderella in horse form.  Serenity loves all the jumping the pony does!


Duck and Cover: This was a recommendation from her teacher (I got one for the classroom too)  It was hilarious, and I want to check the whole series out from the library!

Kid’s National Geographic Beginning Atlas: My Mom got me this one.  It really is for our whole family, Eric and I are nuts for atlases, and Serenity has started having an interest in maps thanks to Stack the States and possibly Dora.  We read the first entry on how to read maps, and she was so focused!  She read the map key and figured out what all the colors indicated in the sample map, like blue was for library, green for parks, and located them all on the map.  Eric and I were all geeked out =)



Here are the books I didn’t buy because I don’t have unlimited space or money, but would love to read anyway!
For Serenity
Bailey
Dewey
Silverlicious
Hibernation Station
Yes Day
Olivia the Princess
Every Cowgirl needs a horse
5 Monkeys in the bed
Skippyjon Jones
Amelia Bedelia
Camilla the Cupcake Fairy
Sloppy Joe
Interrupting Chicken
Miss Smith Under the Ocean
Duck Soup series

For me:
Wonderstruck
Breadcrumbs
The books of elsewhere
Beautiful darkness
Witch/wizard James Patterson

*The pins go to my Amazon Associates link, so if you buy them from Amazon through that link I think I get something.  It's never happened so I'm not sure it works =)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for including The Pout-Pout Fish In The Big-Big Dark on your list!

    Best Fishes,
    Debbie Diesen (author of The Pout-Pout Fish books)

    ReplyDelete