Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving... a picture of mine =)

Two posts in one day!  That's more like it =)  Well, maybe they're both quickies but still.  Here's a picture of my Thanksgiving centerpiece.  Pumpkins leftover from our pumpkin patch visit, and a floral centerpiece. 






To make this centerpiece yourself, here's a list of the flowers I chose.  First, in a short rectangular vase, start with an antique green hydrangea and an ornamental kale.  They're nice and big so they fill the vase well and hold the rest of the flowers in place.  They hydrangea is a bit pricey but it makes up for it by taking up so much space!  Then I added a lily, some celosia, two peonies, a few cymbidium orchids, and some parrot tulips.  It's a fun mix!

And then here's my menu, which would be a good Christmas menu too.  So I'll go ahead and publish it even though it's too late for Thanksgiving ideas =) 
Carolyn's Orange Rolls
Orange Apricot glazed turkey (Basically just stick orange slices and butter under the skin of the turkey breast, pour chicken stock and brush with apricot jelly, bake as directed on package.)
Green Bean Casserole

Sweet Potato, Onion, Potato, Parmesan casserole (just slice and layer those ingredients, add some chicken broth, butter, and parmesan, then bake for an hour.  Easy and yummy!)

Cranberry sauce

Pumpkin Pie with Cranberry Topping (An experiment this year that turned out yummy!)
Coconut Pie

I was really happy with this because really I managed to do all the prep (except for the dough that I made the night before)  in about an hour and a half in the morning, and then all I had to do was stick things in the oven at the right time.  =) 

3 comments:

  1. Hi there! I am your newest follower from the blog hop!! Love your blog:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com
    Take a peek at my giveaways when you stop by. I have 5 going on and everything is handmade and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty - love the purple!! New follower, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pumpkin pie with cranberry topping...YUM! What a gorgeous centerpiece....I hope you had a marvelous Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete