Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Ribbon Headband for the Ballerina and other details

Well, I intended to get this posted BEFORE Halloween, but better late than never =)  And honestly, she's still wanting to play dress up in her costume.  We like costumes anytime!

The costume didn't really need much, as we already had a tutu.  I bought a long sleeved shirt and leggings set from Target, figuring we could use them anytime.  (And we have, even after she finally gave up the tutu the pink pants and shirt were her pajamas for several nights...)   I sewed a few silk flowers to the shirt.

She has pink crocs that I tied some ribbons to and then wrapped them around her legs, and stuck them with a little sticky velcro where I tied the bow.  If I did it again I think I would just sew the ribbons directly to the pants, as they wanted to slide down, and when we needed to take the shoes off so she could play in the bounce house at the carnival they kind of got in the way.  Cute though.


And finally, the headband.  I am really excited about this because it is the first piece of hair management that she has willingly left on her head!  I may make a whole bunch more because her hair has gotten to the point that it annoys her.  I found a tutorial here, which made it so simple.  Just two hair ties tied together, and then sew the ribbon through the loop.  I embellished it with a few more silk flowers, and voila!  A cute ballet headband =)   

No comments:

Post a Comment