Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Library Book Review: Little Pea

Serenity and I go to the library at least once a week, so I've worked up quite a list of books now that we both love!  I thought I'd post about some of them now and again in case someone is looking for new book recommendations! 



Today we got Little Pea, by Amy Krouse Rosenthall.  It was wonderful!  The story is about a happy little pea that loves a lot of things, but hates candy.  Peas have to eat candy for dinner every night, and he hates candy.  I don't think Serenity really understands the whole irony thing, but she finds it hilarious when he's forced to eat his candy and says, "yuck, blech" and so on.  And when he finally gets to eat his dessert, he says "yum, yum, extra yum!" which also sends her into a fit of giggles.  =)  So probably a slightly older kid would find it even funnier, but she's still loving it at age two =)   

No comments:

Post a Comment