Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Finishing Things...

I don't know if it's nesting, but for whatever reason I am on a serious organization kick.  We finally tackled the office closet, which means I got rid of two whole tubs of knick knacks.  Basically, anything that I didn't think we'd use in this house got sent off to Goodwill.  My husband and I don't like to have a lot of clutter out at the same time, so we used to rotate our decorations every few months.  We don't have that kind of time right now, and we need to limit the breakables anyway =)  But sorting through all our goodies I found a few things I wanted to save, including these bird pictures.


My Mom gave them to me, and I love them.  They used to have gold frames.  When we lived in our apartment I was on a silver kick, so I painted the frames silver.  It was a mistake, the color so did not go with the browns and tans in the picture, but I am a little OCD when it comes to matching finishes, so I left it.  Well, now I have copper finishes in my kitchen and adjacent living room, and when I saw them I thought copper was the perfect solution!  And so, since I didn't want to take the time to do something crazy like shop for actual supplies, I hunted up some acrylic in my paints and went to work.  And here is the finished product!  I love them, and the copper is so much better!   


No comments:

Post a Comment