Thursday, March 10, 2011

Serenity's Garden

We are finally getting into Spring mood here!  Spending a lot more time in the yard, and my baby is LOVING the garden so far, even though the only thing growing right now is the henbit.  So I thought I'd write a little about one of our favorite toys, her felt garden. 

Two Christmases ago, I made this felt garden for Serenity (and since I'm fairly insane, I made eight more sets for friends and family =)  The pattern is from Lier at ikatbag.com.  (If you haven't gone there, it's completely amazing and so much fun!  Here's the link to her original patterns that I used.)


The flowers are from the dollar section at Target, but the fruits and veggies are also patterns from Lier.  I made her a bunch of carrots, strawberries, and green beans.  I can honestly say that this is one of the best toys in the house, and one of the few that has stayed out constantly since we got it.  She loves to pick them, she brings them to me, we pretend to eat them, she feeds them as snacks to her rocking horse.  So much fun and imagination!  And anything that involves telling Mama that carrots are DELICIOUS has to be good for us =)  

Since she still loves it so much, this Christmas I made some quick and easy broccoli to add to it, because broccoli is her favorite veggie to eat.     I've been wanting to do more, but most of her favorite foods don't grow on plants, they grow on trees...  Stay tuned for more garden fun!!!!









 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Chrissie for inviting me to come visit! I am so glad your little one enjoys the felt garden. Our felt garden is also one of our favorite and most-used toys. Even my six-year-old uses it on a regular basis for a prop for whatever pretend-play scenario she's acting out. I hope you get even more years of play out of yours!

    ReplyDelete