Saturday, August 27, 2011

Felt Food

I've been working on felt food all month!  My Mom bought me a set of patterns and kits from FeltCuisine.com.  The patterns are great, and it's fun handwork.  I've always tried to make felt food using my machine, but I think in the case of felt it's actually faster to just do it by hand!  And it's relaxing =)  The best part of the cupcakes, tarts, and cakes was using foam for the base.  I made Serenity a set of cupcakes for Christmas, but getting a real cupcake shape was impossible because I was using stuffing.  With the foam they stand up nicely and hold their shape much better.  So, I learned not to fake it with the wrong materials and not to be lazy and try to use the machine =)  Do it right the first time!  And aren't they cute? 








No comments:

Post a Comment