Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Years Eve!


Here’s a new tradition for us!  Today, we turned our Christmas Tree into a New Years Tree!  We took down all the Christmas ornaments, added festive blue lights, and covered the whole thing in streamers!  We had so much fun with that, we added a wall of streamers we can run through and streamers above our game table, as the plan for the rest of the night is game night!  We’ll celebrate the New Years with either Reykjavik or Cape Verde, depending on how our kids are holding on.  That means we just keep them up till about 7 or 8pm.  Serenity might get to do both, I’m not sure about Donovan.  We used to do Rio de Janeiro new years, at 9pm, but we had such a busy day I’m sure Donovan won’t last that long! 

I love this redecorating idea!  It made for a fun crafty day, and it probably means I won’t leave my tree up until February, which I have been known to do. ;) 

And hey, with this post, I am meeting my New Years Resolution for last year!  I wanted to post at least ten times every month, and I did, if only barely.  I think it’s much easier now that I have the goal of posting most Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, assuming I have something to say. 

My goal for next year is to lose my dependence on drive-throughs for our sustenance.  I have to at least want the fast food enough to drag the kids out of the car, although I’m fairly sure that will almost never be worth it.  I’m going to try and channel my sister and Abbey, the culinary geniuses in my family =)  Wish me luck!  

I'm off to make party hats!  Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment