Thursday, October 14, 2010

Baby Quilt: Simple and Sweet Cherry Blossoms

I posted pictures recently of the shower we did for my friend Abbey when she was pregnant with her baby Maggie.  I didn't share yet the quilt that I made for her!  It had to be very sweet and girly, with pinks and purples. Abbey lived in D.C. for quite a while and just loves cherry blossom season.  Abbey's Mom painted a gorgeous cherry blossom tree on the wall of the nursery, and Abbey and I got to paint the blooms.  So I started looking for cherry blossom ideas.  I didn't end up buying a pattern, and instead used a simple free flower block made of squares and half square triangles that kind of interlocks.  I alternated pink and white blooms, and then when I tied the quilt I made little knots in the thread to look like stamen of the flowers.  I didn't get a great picture of the finished project, it was a crazy time, but here's the pattern I drew up in paint and a picture of Abbey opening it so you can see the colors =)  I think each square is about 1.5 inches finished.  I love that fairy fabric, it's got Cicely Mary Barker's Flower Faeries on it! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment