Thursday, October 7, 2010

Baby Showers: Abbey's Fairy Shower

I've been talking to my dear friend Abbey tonight so I'm inspired to write a little bit about the baby shower we threw her for her baby girl awhile ago.  Abbey wanted girly things for her baby so it was fun to wallow in pretty pinks and purples for her. I covered paper lanterns in pretty flower petals and got silk flowering branches to echo the cherry blossom theme in her nursery.  The little centerpiece was special because Abbey gave each of us a set as a bridesmaids/wedding helper present. And the favors were little scrapbooking kits from Michael's.



Abbey is an amazing scrapbooker and loves crafting as much as I do, so her party was especially fun to plan because we spent a lot of time playing with crafts! About half the guests worked on making scrapbook pages for her baby book.  I was at the other end of the table, helping with this fairy house!  In the invitation I requested the guests bring little items to add to the fairy house, and they brought an assortment of feathers, stones, and other special details!  It was such fun to put together, and when Miss Maggie is a bit bigger I am sure she will like it as much as her Mama does. =)  I got a kit here to get things started. 


1 comment:

  1. Ah, so sweet. Great memories and a lovely party. Thanks for the kind words about my scrapbooking as well:)

    ReplyDelete