Thursday, September 29, 2011

How to Make a Rice Krispie Treat Chessboard

Rice Krispie treats are my husbands dessert of choice, so we've had several very special Rice Krispie treats!  For his 28th birthday I decided to combine his two loves, Rice Krispies and chess. 

It's very easy to make, and it just takes a combination of regular Rice Krispies and Cocoa Krispies.  I made two batches of each. One batch got cut into squares to make the board, and the other got molded into the chess pieces. I got a huge piece of cardboard that I covered in aluminum foil (back in those days I didn't get fancier than that with the setup =)  Then I laid out the squares and set up the game.  Molding the pieces wasn't too hard, but you have to be pretty quick.  Put plenty of butter on your hands and prepare to get sticky.  I just eyeballed the shapes.  It turned out very tasty!  And they actually played a game, and ate the pieces they took.  At least the first several. =)





No comments:

Post a Comment