Saturday, September 10, 2011

Oklahoma Art


I made some more art for Serenity’s wall!  She is addicted to maps right now, thanks to Stack the States and Stack the Countries.  So I thought she’d like a little Oklahoma on her wall.  I saw this on etsy, and decided to brave using my Silhouette to make it myself.

I used some vinyl, and found a gif file of Oklahoma that I cleaned up in Photoshop.  After some intensive googling, turns out Silhouette has an auto trace tool, which traced right around the outline of Oklahoma.



Then I just cut it out and applied it to my canvas, and brushed some purple paint all over it.  The line isn’t perfect, but it turned out cute!  I put a little heart in the northeast corner for Tulsa… maybe a little too close to the edge but it works.  

Here it is in Serenity's room!  To see more of her purple room, go here! To see details on the wall vase, go here.

1 comment:

  1. This is a super cute art piece! I will have to adapt this to go Texan! :) Thank you for sharing, Chrissie! I am a new follower and would love for you to link up at my Freshmen Friday party at http://www.homesavvyatoz.com/tips-for-building-your-blog-or-website-freshmen-friday-2/

    Looking forward to blogging with you!

    ReplyDelete