Monday, April 18, 2011

White Gallery Wall


I wanted to work on the artwork for the big blank wall in this room.  The giant blue canvas looked so lonely!  I had several white frames, plus that giant blue canvas, so I just picked up a few more white frames from Michael’s, pulled out two little white canvases I intend to stamp with my kids handprints, and painted a frame from my collection white.  I love how it turned out!  Of course I used the “hang newspaper on the wall” method to decide on the layout, and then marked right on the paper where I should hang things.  (I asked my husband what he thought about it and he said, “It looks like we have ads on the wall.  He’s a great help ;)  I love how the frames look, and there’s plenty of room to expand as I get more pictures and objects that just have to go on the wall.  So I have all the frames on the wall… anyone want to take bets on how long it takes me to actually fill the frames with pictures?  

Before... doesn't that canvas look lonely?

This method is soo much easier than trying to lay it out on the floor!

My helper =)  She loves tools!



Still to come…  a capiz chandelier for the corner with my recliner!  It’s actually here but I just can’t figure out where any of the joists are in my ceiling, so I’m waiting patiently (ok not that patiently) for help.  And then I need to recover that yellow piano bench… but that’s been on the to do list since the piano came.  Hopefully I get it done soon! I get the feeling I'm running out of time... =)

No comments:

Post a Comment