Monday, April 4, 2011

Crazy Smores!

Well, the pictures aren't fancy, but the smores certainly were. =)  We spent a fantastic weekend at my Mom's cabin on a lake, and I went a little nuts creating a smores buffet.  Here are the choices we had:
Marshmallows: Regular, Strawberry, and Toasted Coconut.  

Chocolates: Ghirardelli White Chocolate Bar, Milk Chocolate and Caramel Bar, Dipping Chocolate, Andes Mints, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, Chocolate and Cinnamon Chips.  The cinnamon chips were awesome!  I just stuck them into my marshmallow and then roasted the whole thing, and it was great!  It was a challenge to poke the chips in without messing up the marshmallow too much, but it was definitely tasty!  I think the dipping chocolate worked best though.  I just got the kind you microwave a few minutes in its own tub.  I liked it because then the chocolate is all warm and melty, instead of still hard like it is with the candy bars.  

Cookies: Regular Graham Crackers, Cinnamon Graham Crackers, and Nilla Wafers.  Next time I think I'll add Oreos. =)

Fruit: Strawberries and Bananas.

Nuts: Slivered Almonds (I don't think anyone tried this though =)

 The only problem is that there were so many choices, nothing got finished and I am now home with SO much sugar!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment